Trainee Accountant - Edinburgh
Change Public Practice are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Trainee Accountant on behalf of our Accountancy client. Based in Edinburgh city centre, this role offers an exceptional opportunity for a part-qualified individual to join an established, dynamic and well-regarded firm of professionals and to gain access to a wide range of opportunities to consolidate and expand accounting skills, alongside unrivaled client exposure.
The main responsibilities of this role are to manage a portfolio of clients effectively and efficiently, ensuring that the service provided maintains the existing high client expectations.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Successful management of client portfolio acting as main point of contact for all queries
• Completion of year-end accounts, CT600, and Corporation Tax computations
• Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
• Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties
• Generating payroll records and meeting RTI obligations; including end of year submissions
• Generating forms P60 at the end of each tax year
• Completion and submission of forms P11d in accordance with clients completed questionnaire
• Review of bookkeeping records and the completion of VAT Returns
• Meeting statutory deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts, Company and Personal Tax Returns
• Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
• Taking on and managing new clients; including the generation of new client paperwork
• Growing the business through referrals
• Offering bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice
• Advising clients in relation to IR35 and the associated implications of this legislation
To be considered for this role you will:
• Be working towards a professional qualification (AAT, ACCA)
• Have a minimum 18 months' current or recent experience working within a Practice environment
The right candidate for this role will display excellent verbal and written communication skills, accuracy & attention to detail, and good time management and organisation skills
As client interaction and development is a large aspect of this role, first class customer service skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally are essential.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith on 0131 271 9313 or email email@example.com