- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
Contract Role: Test Manager Location: Edinburgh, Scotland Duration: up to 6 - 12 months Daily Rate: DOE
Contract Role: Test Manager
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Duration: up to 6 - 12 months
Daily Rate: DOE
Following the UK's vote to leave the European Union HSBC GBM have mobilised a programme of work to assess the impact of 'Brexit' and to track the execution of a post-Brexit EEA operating model by Q1 2019. This date is dictated by the UK's initiation of the withdrawal process (via Article 50) on 29 March 2017. This means that the UK must withdraw from the EU by 30 March 2019 unless otherwise negotiated.
HSS is required to review is core business offering for a number of its services to clients providing testing amenities to the programme and maintaining professional disciplines and adherences to the Programme requirements.
The Business Test Manager is responsible for managing a small team of test analysts based in UK and India who will test changes and co-ordinate enhancements to systems/ processes as defined in the business requirements. The Business Team Manager will ensure these changes have the effect intended by the development and business teams. The Business Test Manager monitors the quality of their team's work and schedules the workload whilst managing the programmes testing expectations. They also contribute to the determination of system testing procedures and ensuring that the most effective tools and techniques are employed.
- Define and control Test planning, execution and defect management processes and structures ensuring effective reporting is undertaken timeously
- Control test execution by monitoring the team's adherence to the business requirements, test strategy and test scripts
- Manage the testing process and organise the review and analysis of appropriate documentation
- Manage test resources, ensuring test phases are delivered on time and with resource allocated
- Participate in the development of the group-wide testing policy and ensure adherence to this policy locally
- Fund Accounting and Global Custody experience is desirable.