See job description for details
The Business We're looking for a Supply Chain Delivery Manager to join us in Edinburgh or Manchester
What you'll do
- If you're curious about the world of technology and want to help drive change in how we engage with our customers, this role could provide the perfect platform
- We're looking for a motivated and organised supply chain professional to join our Supply Chain Services function
- You'll source and manage the services of suppliers who will radically change our Enterprise Infrastructure platform, and so change the way we do business and serve our customers
You'll join a team tasked with agreeing and executing our strategy for procuring and managing third party infrastructure hardware, software and services contracts. The suppliers providing these services will be large, multi-national companies that provide technology infrastructure and services to RBS. We'll look to you to negotiate supplier contracts that meet the needs of RBS Technology at a commercial cost and within the bank's risk appetite. You'll also develop and use strong networks across the supply market, as well as provide useful business insight and innovative supply chain solutions for the bank.
Day-to-day, you'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Supporting the development of the bank's supply base, including ownership and management of key suppliers
- Delivering robust commercial deals for the bank, making sure risk is managed effectively while bearing in mind the overall strategy
- Working in an agile way, switching between categories to meet business demands
- Contributing to the overall reduction of the bank's cost base, leading to the bank meeting its objective of improving the customer experience
- Implementing and supporting supply chain strategies within your team's remit, making sure the team is managing the timely execution of the bank's contract pipeline
- Delivering specific technology development projects in collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring the team
We'll expect you to hold a relevant professional qualification, such as CIPS or equivalent. Stakeholder management and excellent communication skills are also essential.
As well as this, you'll need:
How we'll reward you
- Experience in supply chain techniques including category management, contract negotiation, supplier management, supplier selection, and supplier performance management
- Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure environments, including Cloud and Infrastructure Software
- The ability to articulate and implement a supply chain strategy that meets the needs of a business
- Experience leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Experience of cost and financial management
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .