Sr. Mgr Software Dev, Ads
DESCRIPTION Amazon Advertising is committed to maintaining and advancing the trust of our customers. We have a Customer Trust team that is focused on advancing this commitment and raising the bar on our advertising products and services through privacy, compliance, security, ad quality, and engagement. We are looking for a customer- obsessed and result oriented Senior SDM to help take our ad quality services to the next level of scale, availability, and performance. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business.
• You will be responsible for a cross functional team of engineers, program managers, risk managers and TPMs all working with one goal - Customer Trust.
• Collaborate on the development and implementation of solutions for content moderation challenges that engenders trust with our customers.
• Bridge gaps between systems, software, and ops - and are not constrained by how "things are usually done".
• Ensure our products are designed, operated, maintained and protected to maintain customer trust.
• Own delivering key customer features and multiple critical team goals.
• Influence and collaborate with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders, while driving best change management practices through communication.
• Drive innovative solutions to challenging advertising problems with a well-reasoned and customer-obsessed vision, roadmap, and prioritization.
• Create and deliver communication tailored to the audience, ranging from executive level project updates to detailed financial reports.
• Quickly learn and communicate content policy/protection responsibility scope/needs of business partners and company leadership, and key stakeholders and drive insightful discussions.
• Ensure goal alignment across stakeholder groups which may include customers, internal teams, external groups (including industry bodies and regulators), and partners.
What do you do?
As a Senior SDM at Amazon, you establish and manage scalable engineering team structures that create, correct, and evolve software that runs a segment of the business or customer experience. You are responsible for establishing the right engineering team structure and overall technology strategy to meet a long-term business need. Last, you hire and develop the best in order to meet you goals and objectives while delighting our customers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
• Hands-on experience or leading teams developing real-time analytics and machine learning systems
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Repeated success leading architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical designs
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excellent programming skills and computer science fundamentals (OO design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role