Solicitor - Commercial (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for an exceptional commercial contracts lawyer to work within our UK legal team. The role covers a variety of legal matters across multiple business areas but focusses particularly on FNZ's client and supplier contracts in the UK, EMEA and South Africa. As such there is a significant contract review, analysis and drafting component to this position.
The right candidate is someone who has a passion for a delivering complex legal projects, has a detailed analytical brain, good organisational skills, can understand and navigate a complex multi-facetted business and can link in with multiple teams across the business to generate the best legal and commercial outcomes for FNZ.
- Negotiating and drafting client and supplier contracts
- Providing general legal support to the business
- Contract analysis and reporting
- Managing and monitoring relationships with external legal advisors in matters relating to the FNZ group's business
- Monitoring and reporting on legal developments and how they might affect FNZ
- Contract management (including managing and maintaining FNZ's contracts register)
- Managing disputes
- Supporting strategic projects and M&A activity
- Producing MI for internal business reporting/tracking
- Commercial solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- E nergetic commercial contracts specialist with strong contract analysis, negotiating and drafting skills essential
- Fintech/Financial Services sector experience desirable
- Current industry knowledge and an awareness and understanding of regulatory and industry related change events as they occur
- Excellent attention to detail and a methodological way of working
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
- Able to work in extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style with superior analytical thinking and commercially aware
- An understanding of the UK platform market desirable
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific requirements.