Software Development Engineer - DOIT Team
The DOIT organization is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join an engineering team in Edinburgh as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Global Talent Management. DOIT builds intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. Our engineering teams include big data engineering, machine learning, micro-service software development, front-end software development, and user experience design. In DOIT we are building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique "Day One" company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 Million employees.
As a Software Developer you will join a team of engineers responsible for the development of our product and services that implement our 3 year vision. You will invent and develop a modern, mobile-first website experience and services using AWS technologies. Are you passionate about developing website architectures that scale and perform at high availability using AWS technologies? Do you have the customer obsession to build a highly available website experience to hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees? DOIT, come invent with us!
You will join our community of engineers and contribute to defining and raising technical standards across the DOIT organization. You will work on Amazon's hardest problems. You will exert technical vision and will build highly scalable, architecturally sound solutions that are aligned with our business needs. You will possess a unique blend of technical breadth and depth, paired with excellent communication and collaboration skills. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated software engineering experience in industry.
- A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- A proven track record of making good technical judgements.
- Excellent problem solving skills. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience with various industry analytics and monitoring platforms.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.