End Date Salary Range
£35,694 - £39,660 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
To provide outstanding underwriting expertise and underwriting processes to support to LBG to enable the business to achieve its key objectives.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
With over five million customers, and having celebrated our 200th anniversary in 2015, Scottish Widows is one of the UK's most trusted Life, Pensions and Investments providers.
We want to ensure this success continues and grows, and in Insurance and Wealth we contribute to this success by providing critical services to our customers and supporting them with their Insurance needs, whilst ensuring the customer is at the heart of our business.
We currently have an opportunity to join our Scottish Widows Protection Underwriting team as a Senior Underwriter. This team provides a comprehensive underwriting service for our customers, and making the right decisions for our Protection customers, is key not only to support business growth and our Protection strategy, but also to ensure we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
You'll need to have previous experience in Life, Critical Illness and Disability Underwriting, as in this role you'll be responsible for the assessment of Life and Disability applications. As a Senior Underwriter, you'll assess information from relevant sources, such as medical reports, and information provided by applicants. It's a varied and interesting role, where you'll be making decisions on the best possible terms we can offer to our customers.
Your strong written and oral communication skills will be paramount, to enable you to articulate the reasons behind your decisions to both customers and advisors. And you'll need to show care and empathy when liaising with our customers, ensuring you are sensitive to their circumstances.
Whilst not essential, it would be advantageous if you have already achieved the Diploma in Life and Disability Underwriting or Claims qualification.
We have agile working including working from home available to applicants (working from home up to 60% of your normal working week available just now).
In return, as a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career.
So join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Together we make it possible - join us and you'll be part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference.
In return we'll offer you a comprehensive package including a generous pension, bonus and a flexible benefit package you can shape to meet your lifestyle.
So if you have the Underwriting experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you. Key Accountabilities -
• Initially underwrite Life and Critical Illness applications as well as all aspects of medical evidence received.
• Ensure robust and accurate underwriting decisions are made and appropriate to the risk presented.
• Operate within personal underwriting authority levels.
• Support the LBG 'Treating Customers Fairly' culture, delivering fair outcomes and ensuring the customer is at the heart of the underwriting decision.
• Provide underwriting technical support both internally and externally and support with coaching / mentoring of less experienced colleagues.
• Adhere to LBGs quality assurance model and support with underwriting quality audits.
• Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives. Skills / Knowledge -
• Knowledge and experience of the Protection Market
• Understanding of medical terminology and ability to interpret medical information
• Excellent relationship skills to liaise with CMO, Reinsurer and Intermediaries
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability for succinct and accurate records of underwriting summaries and decisions At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.