Senior Network Engineer
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Senior Network Engineer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Senior Network Engineer - Communications to join our team.
What is the Network & Data Services group responsible for?
Our Network & Data Services team ensure all communication lines, data and voice, are established and secure across our 60 offices. The team are spread across the globe and while the Senior Network Engineer will primarily focus on Edinburgh they'll also provide support to business areas across our global sites. You'll also help to support our external partners and get involved in challenging implementation projects.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Network Engineer?
• Work in partnership with the broader Technology teams to effectively support the operational processes and procedures associated with the ongoing management and administration of Franklin's Communications Systems
• Assist in the development and deployment of communication (voice/data/video) solutions; including operational testing, support process development, general release planning and deployment, planning and end user training/acceptance
• Manage the infrastructure in accordance with established operational practices
• Follow standard configuration guidelines when performing system moves, additions and changes
• Update documentation and monitor system performance
• Manage small to medium scale projects in accordance with established processes
• Lead or participate in management of problem resolution and escalation activities
• Perform root cause analysis
• Participate in vendor management activities associated with the ongoing maintenance, support and enhancement of the company's infrastructure and related services
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree, ideally in a Technology related area
• Network technical area certifications, preferably CISCO
• Practical work experience in the deployment and support of network solutions for medium to large sized distributed enterprises utilizing the following technologies and standards:
o Switching Architectures - Cisco Nexus OS and Catalyst IOS
o Cisco ASA
o MPLS and GET VPN
o Routing Protocols: BGP, EIGRP & RIP
o Cisco Wireless
o Load Balancers
• CCNP / CCIE would be desirable
• Experience with Riverbed Steelhead Wan Optimization appliances and/or Cisco Voice Gateways & VOIP would be desirable
• There may be weekend working required on a rotational basis, time in lieu during the week will be given
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.