Senior Manager, Performance
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Senior Manager, Performance
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18071203
The Senior Manager for Performance and Risk services operating within Middle Office is responsible for a range of clients Performance and Risk deliveries. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all client and regulatory deliverables are met and system and process improvements are implemented effectively. The Senior Manager is also responsible for ensuring that appropriate operational processes and controls are effective across data deliveries.
Global Fund Services is the center of operations and services to Global Middle Office, investment accounting, performance, risk and reporting clients. It has key outsourcing clients and a growing book of clients receiving Middle Office services, and there is now a requirement to recruit an experienced Senior Manager to support the growing Performance and Risk team.
We are looking to recruit a candidate with strong background and extensive experience of leading teams performing performance analytics, calculating equity and fixed income attribution and ex-ante risk analytics. The individual will manage a team locally, but an extended team offshore and also have regualr interaction with regional peers in relation to performance services and global initiatives. Client ownership is key with a requirement to meet with clients on an ongoing basis through the year on their service, strategic initiatives and change.
The role will also be involved in client onboarding and implementing internal change and efficiencies to support this growth.
- Ensure that all client deliveries are met to agreed service level agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure communication with the clients, both internal and external, is effective.
- Lead on internal strategic initiatives and process improvements; work with regional partners to ensure a common approach.
- Assist with the operational lead on a strategic client on boarding
- Ensuring that offshore and onshore teams are trained to a high standard and are kept up to date with change.
- Ensuring effective offshore governance model is in place and operating effectively
- Ensure feedback is given to the offshore team in the form of calls/issue logs to help keep accuracy levels high and quickly resolve issues.
- Investigation and resolution of complex queries and client queries in a timely manner.
- Develop strong, pro-active relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Working closely with other relevant operational and product peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
- Look for opportunities for efficiencies and drive new developments and enhancements forward for the team.
- Deputise for Senior Manager at internal and external meetings.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing business with potential for future growth
- Opportunities to work with a global team across three regions in a rapidly changing environment
- Opportunity to develop industry knowledge, communication and management skills.
- Opportunity to contribute to Global Middle Office management team.
- To develop relationships with colleagues in other Operational Areas
- Opportunity to oversight and govern an offshore teams
- Significant senior management and interpersonal skills are essential
- Extensive knowledge of performance analytics methodologies and ex-ante risk analytics
- Previous experience working in an asset management environment with pricing , data and investment accounting experience
- Project Management skills are key
- Communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Pragmatism combined with a can-do attitude is a pre-requisite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high energy level and an enquiring mind
- Qualified accountant or IMC qualified
- Self motivated
- People skills
- Client focused
- Responsible for actions
- Structured and organised
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.