Senior IT Auditor
Join us as a Senior IT Auditor
What you'll do
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our Internal Audit function as a Senior IT Auditor in our Franchise Applications team, as we grow our technology audit team and help keep the bank and our customers safe
- You'll have opportunities to work on high profile audit engagements, influence senior stakeholders and coach and develop junior members of the team
- The role will give you a platform to further develop your knowledge and experience, while supporting you with your personal development and relevant professional qualifications
- You'll also have an opportunity to be part of Internal Audit wide initiatives, and be part of the journey to shape up the future of our Internal Audit team
You'll be providing challenging insight and support on key IT audits covering our franchises' applications, including Commercial & Private Banking, Personal Banking, RBS International and Ulster Bank. You'll work with team members on audits, while taking on full responsibility in delivering your scope areas and engaging with stakeholders across the bank. Where appropriate, you'll take the lead on engagements, providing assurance and independent audit opinions.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Engaging with business stakeholders to gain an understanding of key business risks to inform the risk assessment and audit plan
- Using your knowledge and experience to provide independent challenge on audit results, influencing stakeholders' perspectives to ensure that risks are appropriately managed
- Contributing to audit engagement planning to identify key risks and controls, and process mapping and documenting audit test work papers to a high quality standard
- Coaching and developing less experienced members of the team
- Supporting continuous risk assessment and monitoring activities
- Getting involved in Internal Audit wide strategic initiatives
We're looking for someone with experience of IT audit, risk or consultancy, giving you a sound of understanding of good risk management practices and knowledge of key IT risks.
A CISA qualification would be ideal but not essential, as we'll fully support you in achieving a CISA or equivalent qualification.
We'll also expect:
How we'll reward you
- Knowledge of financial services organisations and some of the products and services we have to offer
- Project management skills, with the ability to prioritise what's important
- A passion for personal development to build knowledge and experience to apply on subsequent audit engagements
- Confidence in managing relationships with business stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.