Senior Group Reporting Actuary
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role:
M&G plc is a FTSE 100 company created in October 2019 when the business demerged from Prudential Plc.
M&G plc is required to produce consolidated IFRS financial statements and Group Solvency II reporting. This role is responsible for supporting the Group's external reporting with a focus on the actuarial components. It is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic actuary to be involved in the financial reporting for a listed group. Key Work Level Responsibilities:
Manager or Expert:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To support the Group Reporting and Technical Accounting team in the overall production of the Group's annual report and consolidated financial statements and Solvency II Pillar III reporting for all reporting periods, with a focus on the actuarial components of the external reporting.
- Delivering the Group's Solvency II Pillar III narrative reporting, and leading a waiver application to produce a single group SFCR.
- To support the process to produce the other financial sections of Group reporting.
- To maintain effective working relationships with other teams in M&G plc Finance ensuring that Group reporting needs are communicated, understood and met.
- Oversight of the outsourced IAS 19 defined benefit pension valuation.
- Support production of Group Audit Committee and Board papers as required.
- Other support to Group reporting initiatives as required.
- Be a qualified actuary with post qualification experience
- Have knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II reporting requirements
- Have experience of the actuarial components of insurance accounting, including requirements of IFRS and Solvency II
- Have a detailed knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislative frameworks
- Have knowledge of insurance products, systems and distribution methods
- Have experience of dealing with complex transactions
- Have a good knowledge of industry trends, best practice and developments, good networks / links with external bodies and individuals in the same field
- Have experience of the production and delivery of financial reporting in a life and pensions organisation. Asset management experience is also beneficial
- Have experience of delivering finance change programmes
- Be highly analytical and a skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions
- Have an ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders
- Have an ability to manage tensions and conflicts to achieve outcomes that work for all parties.
- Have an ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed.
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter: Matt Campbell
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things