Senior DevOps Engineer
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Apr 19
Senior DevOps Engineer
30 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Job Description Summary
Salary Range: £50,530 - £60,130
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
We have labs working across various different product areas including Financial Planning & Retirement, Protection, Insurance and Wealth. You'll have the opportunity to find out more about our projects throughout the process.
Your role as a DevOps Engineer is important in the future of our product development. You'll be able to shape the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team who will:
- Launch new financial products
- Launch new digital marketing initiatives - promotions
- Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
- Secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
As a DevOps Engineer you will be expected to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for assuring availability and stability of parallel threads of developments across deployment systems to support the deployment of changes during a cycle
- Develop automation and management of software configuration and change management systems
- Develop tools to improve efficiency of operational tasks during or after the completion of a sprint
- Manage system provisioning and product release procedures using industry standard tools
- Ensure strict code versioning in cooperation with suppliers across multiple applications
- Interact with network and system operations specialists to resolve problems with networked applications and database systems
- Collaborate with internal resources to ensure effective product releases
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely within the team to find creative solutions
- Evaluate infrastructure requirements and design/deploy solutions for problems such as high availability, search clusters, elastic load distribution, etc.
- Share best practice and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Support the growth of Agile initiatives within the bank
- Understand day to day priorities and have an ability to work with suppliers to manage their implementation into systems
About you -
- Version control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Git
- Automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
- Orchestration & maintenance of cloud hosting solutions such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- CI/CD using Jenkins
- Containerisation using Docker/Kubernetes
- Configuration management using Ansible
- Worked with monitoring and alerting tools and configuration management tools
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from design, build to production
- Previous experience with large-scale development projects
- Have worked within an Agile scrum team
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Open source experience is a plus
- Excellent team working and communication skills
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits (see below), personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Benefits (in addition to base salary):
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% base salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we will contribute up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.