Senior Data & Analytics Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
See job description for details
Join us as a Senior Data & Analytics Analyst in Edinburgh, Bristol or Cardiff
- Take on a new challenge in a cutting edge Data & Analytics team and help us shape the future of our business
- Supporting our Personal & Business Banking business, you'll be analysing data from a range of sources to help us plan and deliver business solutions
- We're committed to mapping a career path that works for you, with a focus on helping you build new skills and engage with the latest ideas and technologies in data analytics
What you'll do
What you'll do
You'll be analysing complex data to identify issues and opportunities, and support the delivery of projects and solutions, which will ultimately improve the way we work and bring value for our customers. Your role will also involve presenting data in a clear and engaging way for colleagues and stakeholders, so it can be used to inform strategic decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead on project components and coaching more junior members of the team
- Providing high quality analytical input to support innovative processes and problem resolution
- Performing data extraction, storage, collation and analysis across multiple data domains
- Developing and performing standard queries to ensure data quality and identify data gaps and inconsistencies
- Mapping appropriate data for usage in new or existing solutions as well as for on-going data activities
- Interpreting customer needs and turning them into functional or data requirements and process models
- Keeping up with developments in data analytics and sharing new ideas and best practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a senior data analyst with the ability to work on their own initiative. You'll need experience analysing business data and presenting information. You'll also need experience using standard data analysis tools.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Strong analytic and problem solving abilities
- Core technical skills, including experience with SQL or SAS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to tailor your approach to different audiences
- The ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders and convey technical information in a clear and engaging way
- A keen eye for detail in your work
Knowledge of current project methodologies is essential, and there will also be the opportunity to develop your project skills further in the role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.