Senior DFIR Engineer
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 25 Apr 19
Senior DFIR Engineer
30 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£48,636 - £54,040
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're building the bank of the future and developing the next generation of digital banking solutions securely.
Are you looking to develop your career and your skills to the next level then this is the role for you.
We provide a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic environment where you can expect to
find your skills fully utilised in a range of technologies and cybersecurity areas. We expect and encourage you to develop and
evolve in an evolving cyber landscape both personally and professionally. We provide a nurturing and supportive environment whatever level
you join us. We offer a competitive package to ensure you are rewarded appropriately.
Operate as a functional specialist and manage the provision of a comprehensive Cyber Security service supporting the wider Group; leading virtual teams as appropriate.
Will have significant and in depth knowledge of specific Cyber Security applications and/ or processes. Will act as an SME for complex systems/ processes and is 'on point' to provide support and guidance as required (Such as in an incident scenario).
Required to be a Cyber Security Specialist with in depth knowledge of complex Cyber Security processes and/ or technical requirements including:
o\tSecurity Incident Response
o\tService Level Management
Could hold or be working towards professional Cyber Security qualifications such as CSIM, CISSP, GIAC, SANS although this is not a mandatory requirement
- Ensure all service elements are managed for performance, risk and cost
- Ensure skilled, timely and effective support to live security issues.
- Deliver effective proactive maintenance of the services to ensure prevention of security issues and incidents.
- Drive and execute the necessary quality assessment of all services delivered.
- Plan and maintain own tasks to fit anticipated support requirements (and others where appropriate) with overall priorities assigned by the Senior Manager
- Actively coach more junior members of the team, supporting colleagues in personal development, to ensure maximum contribution.
- Manage and influence a diverse group of senior stakeholders as required to deliver BAU services
- Provide advice and guidance around IT Cyber Security industry related best practice to the team and across IT Security Operations.
- Engage with and provide consultation at Head of Function level.
- Act as an SME on threat intelligence sources, new and current threats.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through consultancy, facilitation and coaching of colleagues in the required tools and techniques, delivering year on year improvements to services.
Capabilities & Knowledge (essential):
- Proven ability to manage risk effectively and implement appropriate and mitigating strategies.
- Must have strong, positive impact, with ability to manage and influence a diverse group of stakeholders and build confidence.
- Demonstrate awareness of the financial impact of operational decisions and ability to identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and ability to effectively communicate difficult or sensitive messages to end users and deal with a mixture of user responses.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security industry related best practice.
- Recognised SME in two of the following disciplines: DDoS mitigation; Malware analysis; Insider Threat; Forensics.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.