Senior Consultant - Technology
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
Senior Consultant - Technology
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We're looking for consultants to join our team & we are looking for fresh ideas and innovative minds to assist with a number of projects in the IT industry.
EY has the fastest growing Advisory business of the Big 4, and our focus on growth over the next few years will lead to a number of exciting new opportunities. Given the increasingly important role of technology to Financial Services (FS) we are investing heavily in our FS Technology Consulting business, with Scotland being a key area in the strategy. Within Scotland, we already help the IT leaders of banks and insurers in the transformation of their business through technology. Our aim is to be the "go to" brand in the market for Financial Services businesses facing complex challenges.
We bring to our clients a focus on all aspects of technology from IT strategy, through advanced engineering methodologies and techniques, up to modern support operating models across banking, capital markets, wealth and asset management and insurance. Technology and how it is used, is constantly emerging and evolving, and we strive to lead the thinking on the practical application of next generation technologies in real world environments. To do this we need people with hands on experience of next generation technologies and consulting skills to help our clients be more successful.
In particular, we are looking for consultants who are interested in a broad range of technology roles and business challenges.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as a Senior Consultant, you will have:
- Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritising and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
- Experience as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Ability to use effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients in a professional setting.
- Ability to document effectively, using vocabulary that will be clearly understood by all users and co-workers.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and make presentations
- Ability to reason logically and creatively and use a variety of analytical techniques to resolve technology problems
- Ability to lead, as well as contribute to the planning and design of, technology engagements aligned to a client's business challenge.
- Ability to work closely and harmoniously with both business users and IT personnel on projects
- Demonstrate a proven record of success in roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise that supports a team servicing clients including:
- Understanding and documenting existing systems and technology
- Formulating and estimating elements of business and technical solutions
- Gathering, analysing and articulating high-level business capabilities and requirements
- Developing architecture diagrams, drawings, and visual communications
- Developing business solutions using advanced engineering methodologies and techniques.
- Managing delivery programme workstreams within defined cost, time, and quality targets
- Managing people within systems development or technology support teams
- Resolving promptly issues and business questions
- Resolving high-level functional issues with stakeholders
- Ambition to build / develop a career in EY and our CIO advisory team
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions
- Show potential to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision ('self starter') in unstructured environments
- Experience of delivering work in a top tier consulting firm (Big 4, Accenture, IBM etc.) or technology / service provider
- Experience with current technologies, and understanding of trends and implications on the FS industry, including cloud architecture & providers, integration tools & approaches, and artificial intelligence methods & techniques.
- Experience in more than one technology role for different business purposes
- A working knowledge of at least one Financial Services industry, such as banking or insurance, including the key terms and concepts
- Awareness of the common functions in a typical IT organisation
- Passion for the delivery of technology solutions that have a positive impact
- Preparation of proposals and sales materials
- Experience of digital transformation and technologies
- Experience of DevOps and Agile with a focus on adoption in large scale organisations
- Experience of working with emerging technologies such as cloud, integration, AI, or mobile computing
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of development, technical, and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you have big ideas, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.