Senior Audit Manager, Quality Assurance
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
See job description for details
Join us as a Senior Audit Manager, Quality Assurance in Edinburgh
- Joining us as a Senior Audit Manager in our Internal Audit function will position you in a highly visible part of the bank, and give you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- This is an opportunity to be recognised for your rigour, leadership, and integrity
What you'll do
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be an experienced audit professional with an in-depth understanding and experience of quality assurance and methodology practices within the financial services audit industry. Alongside this, you'll have a knowledge of internal audit best practices, and an excellent understanding of risk and controls. It also would be an advantage to have an audit qualification or subject matter expertise in auditing technology risks and controls.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Providing support to manage the agreed IA Quality Assurance programme regarding the quality performance of their team members
- Supporting the development and implementation of IA's audit methodology and quality assurance strategy by supporting engagement with stakeholders
- Driving continuous improvement in the business area, championing change
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be an experienced audit professional with an in-depth understanding and experience of quality assurance and methodology practices within the financial services audit industry. Alongside this, you'll have knowledge of internal audit best practices, and an excellent understanding of risk and controls. It also would be an advantage to have an audit qualification, or subject matter expertise in auditing technology risks and controls.
You'll also have:
- Effective communication and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels, and the ability to communicate sometimes complex concepts to them in an easy to understand way
- A commercial acumen, with a strategic mind-set
- Strong organisational abilities, with the ability to deal with a number of different workstreams at once
- Confidence to challenge old ways of working to benefit the business
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.