Senior Audit Manager
Senior Audit Manager Working with M&G Prudential as a Senior Audit Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Senior Audit Manager role is ultimately responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of audits, specifically responsible for resourcing the audits with an appropriately skilled audit team and timing the audit delivery to ensure audit work as completed at the right time, to add value to the business. The Senior Audit Manager is also required to review the key audit deliverables to check they are clearly articulated and meet quality standards: process maps, testing plan /CTM, Terms of Reference, and draft audit reports.
This role will have delegated authority from the Head of Audit to sign off on planning and reporting attestations and has the responsibility to monitor the quality of working papers and ensure that the testing and testing conclusions meet the quality standards, reporting on findings to the Head of Audit and Audit Director when required.
As the Senior Audit Manager you will have the ability to coach and mentor other members of the team, providing timely, balanced feedback and supporting the Audit Managers with finalising audit reports, ensuring that review comments from senior stakeholders are adequately addressed.
Stakeholder management is another key aspect of this role as the Senior Audit Manager will support the Head of Audit in attending key senior management meetings and working to maintain effective cross function relationships with senior stakeholders. Alongside this, experience of business monitoring is required as this role will be responsible for gaining insight into the business control environment and use that intel to feed into the audit plans.
- Taking on a leadership role within the Group-wide Internal Audit Team, supporting the growth of the team and positively representing audit within the business.
- Managing the delivery of a portfolio of audits which add value to the business by focussing on key risks and providing commercially focussed control insights.
- Managing diverse audit teams and putting the best team in place to deliver the most value through the audit. Supporting the Audit Manager in securing appropriate SME resource (e.g. Data Analytics); coaching/developing the team members, and maintaining high team engagement throughout the audit process.
- Gaining deeper understanding of the business, and areas of greatest risk to the achievement of business objectives, through continuous monitoring activities, and using these insights to drive audit activity which add-value to the business.
- Developing and managing trusted adviser relationships with senior stakeholders within the business by supporting their audit and risk management processes.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives and supporting the team in finding new ways of working, removing barriers to success, and application of agile techniques on audits
- Line managing team members, supporting their development, driving the talent agenda, and recognising others for their contributions
To be successful in this role you will have:
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
- Demonstrated experience of developing relationships at a senior level, with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Confidence when dealing with challenging stakeholders, presenting audit findings, and leading by example.
- Proven ability to lead a portfolio of risk based and complex audits, delivering high-quality and value adding assurance work
- Strong focus on quality and results, and a drive to meet or exceed standards, both personally and when delivering through others
- Have an in-depth understanding of internal and external auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping devising testing approaches and completing controls-based auditing).
- Strong focus on finding the right solutions that have the right outcomes for the business and our customers
- Experience in the insurance or financial services sector, either from within the industry or from professional services.
- Strong leadership skills, leading teams through periods of transformation / change.
- Strong line management experience and enthusiasm for developing and coaching talent.
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 07/06/2019