Senior Associate Pensions Edinburgh
About the Team
Our team of actuarial pensions specialists, work with clients to develop and implement solutions to today's pensions challenges which are aligned to their organisational strategy and objectives.
We are looking for part qualified actuaries to join our fun, dynamic and growing team, with promotion potential, working across an exciting mix of clients.
You will be part of a well-established team based in Edinburgh but servicing clients across Scotland and other regions. As well as the opportunity to work out of our offices in Glasgow and Aberdeen you will have the ability to work from home on occasion.
As an Associate / Senior Associate in this role, you will manage a varied portfolio of clients, establishing effective working relationships and offering proactive advice. About the Role
The key responsibilities of the role is to work with Managers and above in the team to lead the delivery of client projects. Your main focus will be on the delivery of technical actuarial services across a variety of areas including
- Defined benefit pension strategic advice Your role will involve supporting clients develop their long-term strategy for managing the costs and risks associated with their defined benefit pension scheme. This is incredible varied work and can involve the following
- Scheme funding advice
- Benefit changes and member communications
- Member options
- Risk transaction e.g. buy-in, buyout, DB Consolidation
- Wider pension endgame planning
- Supporting companies on the pension implications of transactions / restructuring
- Financial reporting Your role will cover the preparation and audit of pension financial disclosures under IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP. You will have the opportunity to work on audits for some of the largest companies in the UK at a time when pensions is one of their biggest risks.
You will work collaboratively with other pensions specialists to support the delivery of dynamic and complex solutions to our corporate clients. As a Senior Associate you will also contribute to coaching for junior members of our team and will be expected to develop a network of contacts to support the team's business development objectives]. You will use your pensions knowledge within a wider commercial context, as part of a multi-disciplinary team including working alongside other professionals in our Investment, Covenant Advisory, Legal and Reward and Employment teams.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
Who We Are Looking For
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients and generally working to Managers and above.
- Establishing effective working relationships with appropriate levels of client staff.
- Taking a proactive role in the financial management of the client.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Staying up-to-date with changes in law and in the firm's products and services.
- Staying up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry.
- Some travel and occasional overnight stays will be expected.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional'.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders. Essential Skills & Experience
Alongside a strong academic background, you will be working towards an actuarial (IFoA) qualification.
- Relevant experience gained in an actuarial role
- Excellent team, organisational and communication skills
- Plenty of self-motivation
- The ability to work to tight deadlines effectively
- Up-to-date UK pensions experience
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity