Risk Modelling Team Leader
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Dec 17 2017-12-10
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Risk Modelling Team Leader
- This is an exciting opportunity to lead our Commercial Capital Models team in the Risk Analytics and Models function within Enterprise Wide Risk
- You'll be leading the development and maintenance of Basel Models for the bank's commercial portfolios, namely Mid Corporate, Lombard and RBS Invoice Finance
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile, as you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the Risk community and franchises
- Flexible working is also available with this role
What you'll do
Our team are responsible for the development and maintenance of Credit Risk Basel models across the bank's commercial portfolios. These are used to calculate Risk Weighted Assets and Expected Losses and, in turn, the amount of capital the bank must hold against these portfolios. The models have downstream use in pricing, provisioning, stress testing and other bank strategies. In particular, provisioning and stress testing models are developed within a parallel team and there will be plenty of opportunity for working across the different types of model to improve the overall model landscape.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Motivating and leading a team of two managers and four analysts
- Leading the scoping, design, build, and post-implementation review of Basel models for UK and Republic of Ireland Commercial portfolios
- Engaging with key stakeholders to ensure that the support we provide meets the requirements of the business
- Managing diverse analytic projects effectively in order to deliver agreed objectives on time and within budget
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of projects
- Improving model development techniques and promoting the use of models in portfolio risk management
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, it's essential you're educated to degree level in a numerical related discipline that deals with statistical components, and have the ability to identify issues and trends from data and create analytical solutions. You'll have practical experience in the application of statistical modelling techniques for risk management (e.g. Scorecards or Basel Models), and previous programming experience with a language such as SAS, SQL or similar.
Along with this, you'll:
- Have a solid understanding of risk management principles and be proficient with MS Office applications, with an understanding of how spreadsheets and data packages can be used to analyse numerical data
- A track record of working collaboratively with others to plan and organise workloads to meet agreed targets
- Be an effective team leader with great interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage and motivate your team members
- Have excellent communication skills, including an ability to discuss complex analytical ideas with non-technical colleagues in a meaningful way
- Be able to demonstrate top class stakeholder management across a wide range of people
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.