At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Role Summary:
The Financial Reporting team at M&G Group Limited (Asset Management side of M&G plc Group) is responsible for the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting for the M&G Group. Key stakeholders include M&G plc Group Finance, regulators and numerous Boards / Committees.
A vacancy has arisen for the role of Regulatory & Capital Accountant within the Financial Reporting team. The role covers a broad range of responsibilities including regulatory reporting, capital and liquidity forecasting, dividend planning, MI production, and ownership of key sections of the ICARA. In general, the role-holder will assist in the analysis and reporting of data required to fulfil the UK regulatory reporting obligations of M&G Group and its subsidiaries. The role-holder will report into the Regulatory and Capital Reporting Manager at M&G Group and be a key member of the Financial Reporting team. Key Responsibilities of the role:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Maintenance of the capital model to accurately forecast future capital and liquidity resources and requirements based on the latest business strategy. This includes the preparation of the internal MI on capital and liquidity metrics, including actual and forecast numbers.
- Preparation of quarterly capital generation figures, a key performance indicator of the wider M&G plc Group.
- Preparation of quarterly, semi-annually and annually firm specific FCA returns for M&G Group and the FCA regulated solo entities, involving the reporting of financial position, performance and capital adequacy and other metrics and information.
- Preparation of the MI which monitors performance of the seeding portfolio and related hedging and considers the capacity to accommodate new seeding investment.
- Management of the dividend process within M&G Group with regard to both capital and liquidity, and recommend to the Boards of M&G Group and its subsidiaries the level and composition of dividends payable.
- Responsibility for the calculation of FCA fees, a significant cost for the business, including reviewing the application of prudential regulations to calculate the submission data.
- Responsibility for key sections of the ICARA, including review and documentation of the methodology and calculation of certain capital requirements, stress testing, recovery plans and wind down financial impact.
- Assist in the preparation of the Pillar 3 public disclosure document.
- Preparation and maintenance of regulatory procedural documents.
- Assist the team with the maintenance of the control environment, to ensure it is fit for purpose and meets regulatory requirements. Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls.
To ensure your success in this role you will be/have:
- An accountancy qualification (e.g., CA, ACA, ACCA) with relevant post-qualified experience and working knowledge of accounting standards.
- Good communication and presentation skills are a must, as well as a flexible and adaptable approach.
- You will be capable of building good relationships both internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective problem-solving skills are also required for this role.
- The ability to lead and drive change forward. It is essential for you to have good planning and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
It is desirable for the candidate to have a:
- Knowledge of the regulatory reporting requirements of an investment management group.
- Knowledge of the financial dynamics of the investment management business and how key factors influence regulatory capital metrics.
- Knowledge of the Investment Firms Prudential Regime (IFPR).
Recruiter: Matt Campbell
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Close Date: 7th October 2022
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things