Regulatory Reporting Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Regulatory Reporting Analyst | Permanent | Edinburgh | £highly competitive + bonus
Change Recruitment Group's Global Asset Manager is looking for a Regulatory Reporting Analyst to join their team based in Edinburgh which is responsible for ensuring regulatory obligations in each applicable jurisdiction are met in a timely and accurate manner. This role will suit a candidate with a legal or compliance background with a great eye for detail and strong relationship skills.
Responsibilities of the Regulatory Reporting Analyst:
- Ensure compliance with the major shareholding requirements globally including calculating and tracking positions, regularly reviewing and updating threshold limits from legal/regulatory sources, proactively escalating impending threshold limits and working with Risk and Compliance to interpret new regulations.
Performing daily, weekly and monthly tasks that enable the business to report in an accurate and timely manner to regulators and issuers globally on major shareholdings.
- Ensure compliance with other regulations, such as EU Short Selling, Israeli Shekel Reporting, UK Companies Act (or local equivalent), by running daily processes to understand reporting requirements, collate the data to fulfil those reporting requirements and report in an accurate and timely manner. This will include some project and development work as rules and regulations change and new markets are entered.
- Work with third party providers to ensure an efficient and accurate process and ensure that any service issues are resolved promptly. Utilise third party provider technology, forums and expertise, where necessary, whilst also ensuring that the third party is meeting the services agreed in the Service Level Agreement.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments relating to the team’s tasks and processes. Work with the Risk and Compliance and local subject matter experts across the globe to ensure that the impact of the change is understood and any necessary changes to processes, procedures and controls are implemented.
Background of the Regulatory Reporting Analyst:
- Experience within a Legal/Compliance environment would be an advantage
- Experience with the asset management industry would be an advantage
- Detailed, methodical and accurate
- Strong processing skills, as well as an analytical and systematic approach to work
- Confident IT skills
- Showing initiative and quick to learn
- Effective communicator and ability to speak to employees at all levels within the organisation
This is a fantastic role for a Regulatory Reporting Analyst to join a fantastic business going through some exciting growth and change. Please get in touch for more information on 0131 473 4921 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.