Regulation Senior Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
Regulation Senior Manager | Perm | Edinburgh
Change recruitment are working in partnership with a well known retail bank in Edinburgh who require a regulatory professional to support the bank in adhering to regulation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will see you working on the adoption of some large and high profile changes to credit risk capital regulations.
You'll be engaging with regulators and other agencies, and directly supporting senior colleagues for longer term capital projections related to regulatory change.
You'll be joining a close-knit team, and you'll benefit from significant variety, considerable development opportunities and flexible working options.
The work you do will help the bank measure and mitigate some of the material risks they face.
Reporting to the Head of Prudential Risk & Framework, you'll be responsible for liaising with the Prudential Regulation Authority and other relevant regulators regarding credit models. You'll be supporting internal compliance with regulatory requirements through interpretations and compliance assessments.
· Coordinating, tracking and reviewing responses to enquiries and requests from regulators regarding internal ratings-based (IRB) models
· Contributing to a clearly defined and effective plan for regulatory engagement in relation to credit risk models
· Providing interpretation on regulatory requirements as they relate to policies, processes and developments
· Assisting with the internal position, responses and proposals in relation to credit risk capital requirements and associated topics
· Engaging modelling teams in relation to regulatory requirements and developments, including the assessment of compliance and capital impacts for planning purposes
We're looking for someone with experience working in a modelling context focusing on regulatory requirements and engagement. Along with a background in financial services, you'll have an awareness of the development and practical application of models.
You'll have experience working within a regulatory regime applicable to businesses, in particular with systems and controls relating to model development, maintenance and use. You'll also have a solid grasp of project management along with the ability to develop and execute against plans in a context of changing priorities.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
· An understanding of regulatory requirements and knowledge of risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services environment
· Knowledge of the implications of model risk on the performance and the capital of the organisation
· Experience engaging on technical topics with modellers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex topics into simple, easily understood concepts
For more information or to apply please contact Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 473 4943.