Quality Engineer - Chapter Lead
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Apr 19
Quality Engineer - Chapter Lead
11 May 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£60,825 - £81,100
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Financial Planning & Retirement Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs
You'll be joining us to lead the Quality Engineering Chapter during an ambitious Agile Transformation. You'll be keen to maintain a balance between mentoring the team while working in a hands-on role. You'll rise to the challenge of shaping the transformation and driving a 'shift-left' approach to testing. You'll foster teams that ensure quality is built in, that strive for true autonomy and who are empowered to deliver production-ready solutions.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development and we're looking for people who can seize those opportunities; taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- Acting as a QE Evangelist: Leading the Quality Engineering chapter within the platform lab, providing support, mentoring and strategic direction to other quality engineers and other key stakeholders.
- QE Delivery: Overseeing QE for platform lab engagements, ensuring QE team capitalise on opportunities and maximise business benefits from test automation.
- QE Collaboration: Working with other QE stakeholders to help shape future QE strategy for the lab, value stream and across the bank.
- Ensuring that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Test community
- Working with Software Engineers, Performance Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers as a part of the Feature Teams.
What we need from you:
- Strong Quality Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development, Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
- Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas.
- Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables.
- An automation first, DevOps culture with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
- Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Security & Accessibility testing.
- Exposure to supporting tools - Performance Center, Loadrunner, Jmeter, Checkmarx, Veracode, JAWS, NVDA, Pa11y, AXe Chrome etc - would be useful
- Passion for coaching other software engineers and building a strong team culture
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.