Project Manager, Vice President - EDI
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology & Operations
Technology and Operations promotes One BlackRock’s unified approach to asset management by ensuring that the firm’s operations are consistent and efficient across a broad spectrum of client channels, regions, and investment products. With operations teams around the globe and an unparalleled range of investment products, operational excellence is essential to delivering the best results for our clients.
As a support system for BlackRock’s investment teams and client businesses, we are responsible for all information required for the end-to-end investment management process. We also manage day-to-day relationships with external service providers, enabling BlackRock to leverage its counterparty relationships as effectively as possible.
The Business Operations Change Management group within BlackRock provides thought leadership and strong delivery to ensure successful implementation of strategic initiatives across Business Operations globally. To support that mission, we are seeking an experienced Project Manager/Business Analyst to help lead the scoping, planning and implementation of strategic, cross-functional opportunities across the firm. The ideal candidate would be someone who is creative, enjoys challenges, is a self-starter and is comfortable with a steep learning curve while gaining subject matter expertise, and has the ability to help frame and communicate complex issues in a simple and concise way.
- Execution of strategic projects – setup appropriate project governance, develop the global plan, lead collaboration between departments, oversee business requirements, ensure appropriate testing, and successful implementation
- Own various program organizational activities such as risk and issue monitoring, status reporting and governance co-ordination
- Represent the needs of the business throughout the project lifecycle, providing expertise and working knowledge of various business operations processes
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks and stakeholders and be able to work well under pressure
- Prior experience across full project life cycle, understanding the change implications and execution model needed in the financial services regulatory environment
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in large programs involving business and technology project work
- Own partnership with cross-functional business and technology teams to ensure consistent, beneficial interaction and solution delivery
- Lead and review your project team’s work across all phases (plan, analyze, design, build, test and release)
- A requirement of the role is to partner with the functional business areas to assist and influence them in creating strategic plans for their business and technology change agendas; and to form a strong relationship with the technology teams to ensure transparency across the change portfolios
- Additionally, the individual will need to be flexible based upon the nature of the project engagements where business analysis is required such as, but not limited to, leading business process reviews, defining operating models, documenting functional specs, testing, gathering business requirements and completing other change related functions around projects
- Experience consulting to internal/external clients on complex projects, leveraging global teams and offshore resources
- Significant, demonstrable change management experience ideally within Financial Services
- Strong project management experience and understanding of capital markets, asset classes (equities, fixed income and derivatives) and relevant global market regulations
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organizational skills; does not require close supervision
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills; can think and solve above and beyond the problem at hand
- Experience in business process analysis, design and implementation. Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the business and ability to clearly communicate objectives and to articulate the rationale behind those goals
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Enjoy a fast-paced, high-intensity and exciting cross-functional environment
- Candidate must have flexiblility to accommodate changing priorities across projects and portfolios and be able to bring a positive and creative approach to problems solving
- Additionally, they must be a very strong communicator with an inclusive attitude and approach. This is a busy team so communication is key to ensuring we all stay connected to one another and the business
- Notwithstanding the above requirement, they must also be able to drive projects forward on their own - it's a balance between being a self-starter and consulting with the wider group
- Energy, creativity and a drive to succeed are a must
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.