Project Manager (Operations) Associate - Wealth Management, International Private Bank - Edinburgh
Wealth Management, International Private Bank - Project Manager (Operations) - Associate- Edinburgh The Role
The role is a Project Manager / Business Analyst role and will focus on the planning, implementation and on-going support of programs that meet both strategic, business and regulatory demands. Being part of the Projects team, the successful candidate will be working in conjunction with our internal partners including Operations, Technology, Product, and Business Management.
The candidate will, among others, perform the following tasks:
- Be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of projects, utilising a robust project plan including pragmatic application of project management methodologies, use of a clearly defined delivery roadmap and robust financial and risk management,
- Work with project stakeholders (across the various functional groups (Legal, Technology, Middle Office, Business Management), to define and document business requirements,
- Manage and prioritize initiatives that are requested by stakeholders,
- Plan and perform testing of new functionality and regression testing,
- Provide updates on the project status to senior management and stakeholders,
- Track and manage project RAID items,
- Drive progress against a defined plan, understand challenges and mitigate potential cost or time delays
- Identify and secure appropriate resources for the project; define clear roles and responsibilities for all team members including responsibility for the delivery of project artefacts,
Applicants should have relevant experience in the industry, and fulfil the following requirements:
- Proven experience in change management principles
- Proven experience in project methodology
- Proven experience in business analysis and driving operational change/system development
- Ability to demonstrate leadership of project on a daily basis
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to implement and manage day-to-day tasks
- Identify critical requirements and potential gaps by understanding complex and interdependent processes.
- Good organizational, prioritization skills
- High attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate, present effectively
- Team player who is easy to work with, shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance on high demand & time-sensitive initiatives
- Strong knowledge of MS tools; Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint
- Practical knowledge of JIRA
- Demonstrate capability to co-ordinate different tasks and perform related follow up until completion
- Possesses collaboration, partnership and influencing skills
- Proven experience with Operations and/or Front Office and/or Consulting within banking industry
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.