- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Project Manager - Insurance
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Assist and facilitates the project set up process and supports the ongoing project administration in the Moody's project management software.
- Working directly with project managers and advisory teams to support the delivery of products and services. Projects are varied and can involve a combination of on- and off- site activities.
- Working with the MA project management, advisory teams, insurance sales and research teams to engage with prospects in meetings/workshops related to the advisory projects associated with MA products and content-services.
- Engaging with key stakeholders across our FPA and revenue accounting teams to present the services voice in project associated processes.
Based in Edinburgh, our ERS Insurance Capital Modelling and Scenario Generation Advisory services teams works with our global life insurance client base to develop innovative quantitative solutions to complex problems in value, risk and capital management, often (but not always) leveraging Moody's award winning RiskIntegrity product suite. The team of experienced practitioners are trusted by some of the world's largest and most innovative life insurers to deliver high quality, high value advice and services.
- Undergraduate degree business or management .
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint); ability to programme SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills , including the ability to communicate with MA and client teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
Preferred but not essential
- Experience working within a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company or consulting firm) preferred.
- Experience in assisting project managers in delivering complex technical/analytical projects within an actuarial environment, including internal and external stakeholder management.
- An understanding of economic capital modelling and Solvency II Internal Model experience particularly relevant.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to demanding timescales while maintaining high standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds and at all levels
- Strong customer focus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.