Project Manager - Best Practice
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
We are currently seeking a Project Manager or someone who has strong, relevant experience within a Middle or Back Office Fund, Transformation or Best Practice environment.
Project Manager - Best Practice
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager or someone who has strong, relevant experience within a Middle or Back Office Fund, Transformation or Best Practice environment, to take responsibility for internal projects, as assigned by the Head of Consulting / Head of Global Best Practice. The job-holder will typically manage a number of projects concurrently. Projects will include a range of internal consulting assignments; including strategic reviews of the Operating Model (People, Process, Location), co-ordination and support of HSS strategy projects, leading reviews of working practices business-wide, identifying and rolling out best practice.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- A high quality degree level education - desired but not essential
- A professional re-engineering qualification (eg Agile/Scrum working, LEAN) - advantageous
- A professional project management qualification (eg Prince2) - advantageous
- Plan and organise workload to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities and risk profile.
- Ability to analyse data from multiple sources and derive sound hypothesis for investigation
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and third parties.
- Very strong stakeholder / senior sponsor management
- Strong team player capable of managing 360 degrees
- Significant demonstrable Project Management experience, with particular evidence of successful delivery and of being able to manage multiple work streams/projects concurrently
- Experience in business and process analysis and re-engineering
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Security Services
- Experience of internal consultancy / process review and execution teams
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000ADJW.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an ongoing basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.