- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Apr 19
The role will be assigned to projects dependent on current demand and priorities at the time.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
- The role will be assigned to projects dependent on current demand and priorities at the time.
- To take responsibility for a group of internal and/or external client projects simultaneously, as assigned by senior managers and/or the Portfolio Management Office (PMO). Depending on level of experience, the job-holder will carry out the project management for a number of projects concurrently and / or may manage elements of a strategic programme managed by a Programme Manager
- Projects will include the on-boarding of new business wins, the building of new business models in conjunction with Product to support internal business or external market driven initiatives, re-structuring of existing client business, re-engineering initiatives driven by industry changes and internal projects / initiatives.
- The projects will involve the management of work streams and resources from across the business units and may include projects from our European and MENA regions depending on the scope of the change. Developing and maintaining a good working relationship internally and with client contacts and third parties is therefore a key component of the role as is management of project sponsors. For smaller scale projects the Project Manager is expected to be able to undertake Business Analysis as required to define scope, timelines and delivery.
- A primary objective is to ensure projects are delivered within the timescales and to budget, highlighting and resolving issues as they arise. Additionally, a consistent and professional approach to project management is essential with particular attention to the risk profile of the project delivery and the subsequent operational model.
Skills and Experience required
- Degree level education -desirable
- Professional accountancy qualification - desirable
- Professional project management qualification (eg Prince2) - advantageous
- Significant demonstrable Project Management experience, with particular evidence of successful delivery and of being able to manage multiple work streams/projects concurrently
- Knowledge of Investment Accounting and Fund Administration
- Experience in business and process analysis and re-engineering
- Experience of planning and delivery of business change initiatives through complete project life-cycle
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000CTR5
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.