- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Product Manager – Wealth Management and Pensions
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in the development of Moody's Analytics Wealth Management and Pensions proposition. Our products and services address clients' needs in a number of areas including wealth management, investment solution design for both DB and DC pension plans, retail financial advice and retirement planning.
The role will suit candidates with strong technical backgrounds, including experience in applying risk models in wealth management, asset management, pensions and retirement saving, but who have an interest in developing their business and commercial skills.
The role offers an interesting mix of technical work - e.g. developing modelling specifications and prototypes - with a range of broader activities including client work, supporting sales, planning and commercial strategy. To support these activities, the successful candidate will be expected to maintain an up to date knowledge of trends and new developments in the wealth management and retirement savings sector.
The Product Manager - Wealth Management & Pensions will work closely with product managers, software engineers, quantitative analysts, and our sales function, to develop our product offerings and grow our business in the wealth and pensions sector.
The role will demand strong communication skills, particularly the ability to understand client problems, present our products in the context of these problems, and discuss technical concepts in terms which resonate with non-technical stakeholders.
- Working directly with clients and internal teams to understand clients' modelling requirements and using this information to help define future product strategy for the wealth & pension sector.
- Working with software engineering, quant & economic research teams to define, specify and develop new product requirements and features.
- Working with product managers and sales to define strategic product roadmaps and commercial strategy including pricing, sales approach and marketing materials.
- Supporting the sales and marketing teams by providing product knowledge and expertise. This will include producing content such as presentations and formal reports for sales and marketing purposes.
- Supporting sales and implementation services throughout the client engagement process: pre-sales, software trials, tender process, product deployments, implementations, training and advisory work.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and training about new products and features to clients and other teams within Moody's Analytics.
The Wealth Management and Pensions team operates as part of Moody's Analytics Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS), developing financial risk modelling and management solutions for leading financial institutions and investors. The Wealth Management and Pensions team has responsibility for managing ERS products and services delivered globally across the retail investment, asset management and institutional pension sectors. Given the close relationship between our target markets, the Wealth Management and Pensions team works closely with the ERS - Insurance product management and client services teams.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: maths, physics, actuarial science or finance.
- In addition, the candidate should have either:
- A post-graduate (MSc or PhD) qualification in a numerical discipline, or
- Progress towards a relevant professional qualification such as CFA, Actuarial, or similar.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Investment or portfolio analysis experience gained within an asset manager, investment consultancy, life insurer or other investment platform.
- Either DB and/or DC pensions investment experience, gained within an employment benefits consultancy or similar
- Financial mathematics and stochastic modelling
- Economic scenario modelling or economic scenario generator (ESG) software
- Portfolio risk analysis and use of portfolio risk system
- The candidate should have strong communication skills with experience of preparing appropriately pitched written and verbal communications
- The candidate will be required to work collaboratively with other teams of specialists to take projects to successful delivery. This will require the ability and initiative to build working relationships, together with a pro-active attitude.
- Excel/VBA skills are desirable. Other relevant technology or coding skills will be considered.
- Experience of working in a project-based role (particularly using Agile methods) would be advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.