See job description for details
The Business Join us in Edinburgh, Manchester or London as a Product Manager
What you'll do
- Join a new agile development team with a compelling mission to disrupt the mortgages market by taking a revolutionary, customer centric approach to redesigning the application process
- You'll help design and work with feature teams delivering technology components to underpin customer journeys which are as reliable as they are effortless
- We're a top mortgage lender with ambitions to grow further, so your solutions will make a difference to millions of lives
- You'll be joining the programme early, so it's a chance to deliver something truly special from its early stages
We're taking a giant leap forward to change the home buying experience forever, and have true agile development and the latest technologies to help us do it. You'll be a fundamental part of the programme's success, using your technical expertise to develop cloud based architectural solutions which allow us to deliver on our ambitions.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Working directly with journey managers, and contributing to design sprints and ideation sessions to create new solutions to business problems
- Acting as a single point of contact for journey outcomes from multiple feature teams
- Working with feature team scrum managers to ensure capacity is in place for business outcomes, and working with release train managers to ensure feature releases meet governance
- Ensuring appropriate RBS risks and governance demands are met
- Using strong technical and engineering knowledge to help steer and design technical solutions
- Managing run rate and financial spend
This role is suitable for a an experienced technologist with great engineering, collaboration and communication skills. You'll have a proven history of helping to lead parts of large change programmes in a technology environment, with a focus around service based application architectures and the use of modern patterns such as digital, microservices and PaaS. You'll be well versed in agile culture and methods, as well as techniques such as continuous integration and TDD. You'll also have experience managing stakeholder relationships, and the ability to communicate options and ideas to various levels within the organisation using a variety of methods.
As well as this, you'll bring:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of working with JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of DevOps approaches and working practices
- Great interpersonal skills, so you can work with both senior business and technical stakeholders
- The willingness to express your opinion, and an understanding of when to prioritise progress
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .