Private Security Valuation Vice President
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Valuation Team within Asset Valuation and Analytics supports the investment valuation function for private, illiquid investments acting as the interface between the investment professionals, external valuation providers, accounting outsource providers, auditors, and Global Fund Services. The Valuation Team focuses on adding value by providing valuation oversight and coordination of valuations and supporting documentation.
• Preparation of valuation documentation for private equity and other alternative investments
• Manage workflow of data to 3rd party valuation firms; working with investment teams to ensure all relevant information is incorporated into valuations
• Review and tie out of valuation templates received from third party service providers. Communicate any comments and coordinate sign off in coordination with Investment, Pricing and Fund Administration teams
• Review legal documents to determine rights associated with new securities purchased
• Assisting in the preparation of materials to be provided to the Valuation Committee and presenting findings to Pricing Committees and other management as necessary
• Liaison with independent auditors. Provide support for valuations and answer questions as necessary in a controlled and efficient manner.
• Perform a review of fair value reporting provided by underlying managers and Co-Investment sponsors
• Operate as part of a global team
• Constantly evaluate processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5 years related experience
• Public accounting experience, a plus
• Candidate must have enthusiasm for, and comfort with, working in a fast pace environment while maintaining attention to detail
• Candidate must have strong analytical skills
• Candidate must have flexibility regarding work hours
• Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments
• Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to enable effective interaction with internal and external clients
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Interactive Data and MS Office Suite as well as SQL, Unix commands, PERL, etc. is an advantage
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.