Private Bank Associate - Investment Operations - AWM - Middle Office
Private Bank - Investment Operations- Middle Office - Associate
Investment Operations supports the Private Banking business in Asia, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and Latin America. The department develops and manages innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to clients, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience. Job Description
Investment Operations is recruiting for an Associate level candidate to join their Middle Office team.
Investment Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of what we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end, are involved in all steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (products and services) and vendor management. We work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions.
As part of the Investment Operations department, you will be aligned to a team where you will develop in-depth product knowledge and serve as a vital resource for the front office and client facing stakeholders. The Middle Office teams are aligned to products (Alternatives, Bonds, Derivatives, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Loans & Deposits, and Mutual Funds) or processes (Income, Corporate Actions, Asset Transfers, Tax, Client Reporting and Data Management). Their role is about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business.
- Ensure that business activities are carried out in an efficient, controlled and timely manner
- Deliver appropriate solutions that address the needs of clients/stakeholders
- Act as a liaison between the business, technology, control partners and operations
- Identify ways to improve processes/procedures to enhance quality and/or productivity
- Participate and contribute to the various strategic initiatives to evolve our business architecture
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics or a related Financial discipline
- Proven Operations experience in a financial services role or a similar process led environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proactive approach
- Strong ownership with ability to operate in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking are also required in driving solution, initiatives and projects
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritise and adhere to strict deadlines
- The ability to quickly understand complex issues and react effectively. Assumes ownership of problems and drives towards their resolution
- Strong team player with good communication skills, ability to work in collaboration building strong rapport with peers and stakeholders.
- Strong control and risk focus, ability to analyse process and ensure suitable level of controls are in place
- Ability to challenge existing processes and drive change to improve team processes to delivery efficiency and reduce risk
- Strong data analysis skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel desirable.
- People management experience desirable
In addition to the above, we are most interested in what makes you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests, and achievements beyond academia/work that demonstrate the kind of person you are, and what you would bring to the team.
Apply now and let us help find the perfect role for you.
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.