Pricing Economy Analyst - EDI
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Pricing Economy Analyst
Analysts will gain a broad understanding of key data elements necessary to support all functional disciplines within BlackRock. Responsibilities include ownership of responding to inquiries sent to the group, researching and resolving control discrepancies, daily and periodic data updates to support analytics and the portfolio management process, control escalations and procedure updates. In addition, the Analyst will gain an understanding of the proprietary Aladdin service model and establish relationships with BlackRock’s market data vendors, as well as participate in projects to improve processes and support new product rollouts. This function will expose the candidate to all of BlackRock’s and BlackRock Solutions’ tools and businesses and will require him/her to partner closely with internal clients such as Portfolio Analytics, Financial Modelling, Business Operations and BlackRock Solutions.
- Daily support of the analytics and trading processes as it relates to market data
- Daily quality control and validation of market and time series data; ensure data and derived information meets BlackRock’s highest quality standards
- Liaise with market data vendors and/or broker-dealers, where appropriate, to obtain the most accurate data
- Interact with internal and external clients to serve as a financial data helpdesk, managing expectations of service delivery, and providing superior customer service
- Investigate issues or process failures to ensure deliverables meet their deadlines daily
- Operate as part of a global team
- Constantly evaluate processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement
- Maintain procedural documentation and update as necessary
- Perform testing of in-house systems and external vendor products
- Candidate must possess and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments as well as the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of Aladdin and previous working experience with Aladdin tools such as Portfolio Risk Tools, PRISM and Portfolio Construction.
- Candidate must have some experience with reading or writing technical documents or technical business specifications;
- Candidate must have enthusiasm for, and comfort with, working in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Candidate must have flexibility regarding work hours
- A college/university degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, or a related field is preferred
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments as well as various technology-based systems
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to enable effective interaction with internal and external clients
- Working knowledge of PERL programming, python, SQL, Unix commands is required.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Interactive Data, and MS Office Suite, etc. is required
- Interest in enhancing technical expertise such as small code editing or programming is an advantage
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.