Payroll Supervisor/Manager - Aberdeen
Change Public Practice are working with a leading Scottish independent Chartered Accountancy firm in Aberdeen to assist them in the hire of a Payroll Supervisor or Manager. This role would be suitable for an individual who has a Public Practice background or recent Bureau experience in addition to experience of working within a team to delegate work, mentor and also assist with the daily payroll tasks.
This business is one of Scotland's leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and business advisors who advise high calibre clients across all sectors in Scotland. They have continued to expand their payroll portfolio and so this brand new position is a result of their recent success.
In this role, you will process multiple payrolls for a variety of clients who you will have regular contact with therefore the successful candidate must have first class people skills and be able to think on their feet providing technical support to our clients on a daily basis.
In addition to the progression of the role, the day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Managing a team of Payroll Assistants as well as your own workload
• Processing weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll for varied client base as well as reviewing work
• Dealing with all Payroll queries both from clients, other third parties and including liaising with HMRC
• Identifying development points within team and implementing training sessions
• Implementing internal controls
Requirements to be considered for this role:
• Minimum 5 years' experience of working in a Bureau environment
• Will have held a supervisory/managerial role and be able to delegate work and mentor junior staff members
• Knowledge of PAYE, NIC, SSP, SMP, SPP, Pension Schemes and C.I.S Returns
• Full working knowledge of Sage Payroll software or similar software packages is essential
• Experience of full RTI and Tax Year End processes
• Awareness of Auto Enrolment rules and legislation preferably with a working knowledge of the legislation
This opportunity will offer a great culture and work/life balance so if you are looking to secure a position in this type of environment, please get in touch!
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith on 0131 271 9313 or email email@example.com