Join us as a PMO Officer
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to take on a new challenge in a project support role
- You'll have the chance to make a tangible impact on our function and develop your skills
- Take on this exciting, fast paced role, and advance your career with us
It'll be your responsibility to improve the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form. You'll do this by supporting the project governance and control including tracking the performance and progress of projects, project financial control and adoption.
You'll also promote programme and project management methods and standards and implement of good programme and project management practice, and the monitoring of certain programmes or projects.
It'll be your responsibility to:
The skills you'll need
- Facilitate the creation and update of programme or project plans as required by the relevant manager
- Support in the identification of where cross-project dependencies exist and monitor these in support of the relevant managers
- Support management in the implementation of agreed regular progress reporting mechanisms for all projects
- Establish and maintain an information management system, manage both electronic and hard copy configuration libraries and provide basic training in configuration management techniques
- Provide secretariat activities including meeting minutes, input papers to the meetings and communications to stakeholders
You'll need experience in internal or external project support roles, and knowledge of project types and the project lifecycle. You'll have a strong background in programme reporting and governance and experience in all aspects of a programme management office.
You'll also need:
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Experience of delivering recommendations and decisions required to improve business performance
- Extensive experience in using tools such as Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and MSP, Planview, Oracle, SharePoint
- Knowledge of our processes, procedures and risk frameworks
- Experience in configuration management