Oversight & Governance Project Manager - Vice President
Description About this role About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Would you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know how important it is to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over $9 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
Job Purpose/ Background
Fund Distributor Operations (FDO) Change team within BlackRock's Technology & Operations division. We develop strategy and execute initiatives central to our FDO growth aspirations and priorities. In our day-to-day, the team brings together professionals responsible for oversight, monitoring and managing of our Fund Distributor partners and ensuring compliance to local rules governing oversight requirements for these firms to protect BlackRock's interest and reputation.
We place a tremendous focus on empowering and developing our people, improving their leadership and delivery skills, and broadening their firm and industry knowledge. Projects and roles are assigned not just based on successful delivery, but also on individual development objectives and career aspirations.
FDO is seeking a Vice President to become part of a team that will embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the freedom to grow professionally. The role will require a wide skillset including business and technical knowledge, project execution ability, and strategic and consultative thinking. You will be actively engaged in supporting the continued expansion of the distribution oversight model, region to region around the globe. We are helping drive the multi-year transformation of our oversight model and leading the industry in developing technology with our partners to automate a scalable operational process. You will help with the operating model design, execution and delivery while collaborating and building strategic partnerships with business functions across BlackRock to achieve our goals.
- Lead virtual teams and partner with business leaders to drive strategic projects, including complex client and technology mandates and commercial opportunities, to completion
- Develop project plans with measurable goals, drive consensus and communicate plans and results to stakeholders and management using comprehensive reporting tools and metrics
- Identify areas for improvement in business processes and technology tools, with a lens on risk management and mitigation
- Engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the firm to effectively navigate the global organization
- Simplify complex topics and create innovative solutions for issues
- Develop content knowledge and the ability to absorb and synthesize data/information
- Use your creativity and initiative to develop high impact materials for communication and to help with decision making
- 7-10 years of experience in asset management or financial services
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Transfer Agency process
- Familiarity with asset management middle and back-office functions
- In depth knowledge of fund distribution partners (agents / intermediaries)
- A strong understanding of retail product offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident presentation and communication skills
- Confidence that you will flourish on a fast-paced and high-profile project
- Demonstrative experience of working on large, enterprise level projects
- Effective project management skills
- Strong collaboration skills and experience of working cross-functionally
- Experience of successfully leading projects, influencing others and gaining consensus
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to take initiative and deliver results
- A reputation as a good/flexible communicator and the ability to distil sophisticated concepts and information
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Strong in MS Office skills - PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SmartSheets
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate changing priorities across projects and portfolios and be able to bring a positive and creative approach to problem solving
- The role requires a balance between being a self-starter and consulting with the wider group
- Energy, creativity, and a drive to succeed are a must
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.