Operations & Control Risk Consultant
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Change Recruitment Groups Global Asset Servicing client is looking to appoint an Operations & Control Risk Consultant which supports internal teams and serves clients around the world.
Operations & Control Risk Consultant | Edinburgh | Permanent | £highly competitive package
Change Recruitment Groups Global Asset Servicing client is looking to appoint an Operations & Control Risk Consultant which supports internal teams and serves clients around the world. The business helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions across the globe. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - the team is working to make the business the recognised industry service quality and productivity leader. The team manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for their clients. Solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The team works as part of the First Line of Defence, supports the overall control and risk framework to ensure that the control culture across all areas is embedded, sound and meeting client needs. The team operates in global locations and supports over 18,000 staff members. Businesses rely on this Control Management function to conduct independent control and risk assessments; develop standardised controls that represent operating best practices; provide education on controls and emerging risks, and support business development and change.
Responsibilities of the Operations & Control Risk Consultant:
· Support multiple teams that are responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards.
· Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
· Monitors results on key risks, errors/near misses, reconciliations and root cause analyses as reported by subordinate managers.
· Analyzes and determines appropriate level management intervention.
· Leads and contributes to policies for developing, documenting and analysing existing control procedures.
· Analyses documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
· Ensures team objectives are aligned to functional objectives.
· Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
· Ensures controls meet regulatory and organisation standards.
· Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend and direct any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
· Collate information and data from various businesses and Control Management teams, provide challenge and recommendations and produce Senior management and Executive reports on a periodic basis as required.
· Support the Global Head of department in the planning and delivery of efficient management processes and clear communication of key impacts and deliverables to the wider Control Management team.
Background of the Operations & Control Risk Consultant:
· Ideally Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required; advanced degree preferred
· 7-10 years of total work experience with 1-3 years of management experience preferred. Experience in Risk Management and/or Audit within the securities or financial services industry preferred.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive direction and influence strategy decisions.
· Integrity, combined with high personal and professional standards. A strong commitment to risk culture and operational excellence and ability to get a job done in the face of adversity.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify emerging risks and explain risk trends.
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate (verbal, written and presentation) across all levels within the organiaation.
· Proactive self-starter, ability to learn quickly and to take initiative. Enthusiasm and energy combined with a clear sense of how to “make it happen”.
· Experience in the successful management and delivery of complex projects and high visibility initiatives within allocated budgets and project delivery dates.
· Proven ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and efficiently prioritise varied workloads.
· Ability to work with key stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to reduce risks across the organization.
· Good negotiation skills, ability to resolve conflict between teams or individuals so that functional / organizational objectives are achieved through teamwork, collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
This is a fantastic senior leadership role that will suit a candidate from a fast paced financial services organisation that has exposure to risk and control across various operational departments. This role will suit a candidate looking to get heavily involved in various engagements concurrently with the ambition to further career and take on high level responsibility. Please contact Steven Fairlie on 0131 473 4921 for a confidential chat or email your CV to email@example.com