Lead Test Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
See job description for details
Join us as Lead Test Analyst in Edinburgh
- You'll join the Data & Analytics Test Team within Digital & Engineering Services
- This exciting role will make you part of a global team across India and Edinburgh, that support the whole bank
- You'll be joining a key growth area and work bank wide, gaining and developing highly desirable and transferable skills
What you'll do
You'll use your expert level of knowledge and experience working in the data warehousing domain, and will take responsibility for coordination and delivery of testing across one or more test phases of an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Working on a relevant project, you'll coordinate the Test Plan with the stakeholder group, to ensure effective support is provided for UAT activities.
Your role will involve:
- Creating test conditions, scenarios and detailed test scripts for SIT, UAT and NFT
- Undertaking the execution of test scripts and recording of results, and peer reviews of test scripts - supporting or carrying out User Acceptance Test execution
- Identifying Test Data for SIT, UAT and NFT
- Raising defects promptly and accurately via the quality center, adhering to defined defect management process
- Providing information on progress to the Test Manager, and escalating issues to them where appropriate
- Contributing to 'lessons learned' workshops at the end of the project, and driving and coordinating the project, and reporting progress on weekly and daily basis
- Contributing to the test strategy and plan for project, and identifying test automation opportunities
- Assisting the Test Manager with coordinating the test preparation and execution across the testing team for the project
- Providing guidance to the testing team on technical and functional queries
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need advanced level SQL query creation using SQL Plus for Oracle and Teradata client. You'll need detailed knowledge of CRIF and the RoI Central Credit Register.
We're also looking for:
- Knowledge of application scheduling, monitoring via batch terminal interface in CA7 for various applications
- Strong mainframe and Unix platforms knowledge, and unix scripting to support ETL process and batch scheduling
- Knowledge of advanced test automation and experience testing and building frameworks using Selenium and Java
- Strong experience working in data warehouse testing
- Good familiarity with automation approaches suitable for data warehouse testing
- Experience in the day to day leading of a small (2-5 members) test team
LeSS Practitioner, ISTQB Foundation, PRINCE2 Foundation qualifications are desirable.
What else you need to know
Opening date: 04/09/2018
Closing date: 02/10/2018
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.