Join us as a Lead Engineer
What you'll do
- Join a vibrant team building the functionality to deliver on the bank's API strategy, particularly the customer facing user interfaces for bank's API portal and Open Banking consent management
- You'll be responsible for leading solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role
In this role, you'll run a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services.
We'll look to you to take responsibility for the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Generating solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supporting and mentoring the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
To be successful in this role, you'll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team.
We'll also look to you to have experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools, along with knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Extensive stakeholder management experience and the ability to lead technical teams across cultures and time zones
- A background in Agile concept and methodologies with a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong experience with ReactJS, RxJS, and NodeJS with a good understanding of modern software architectures
- The ability to develop software in an SOA or micro-services paradigm
- Development experience in a programming language
- A background of implementing programming best-practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance