Join us as a Lead Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for a driven Lead Engineer to join us and lead the technical delivery of a software engineering team
- You'll be responsible for leading solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role
In this role, you'll run a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services.
We'll look to you to take responsibility for the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supporting and mentoring the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
To be successful in this role, you'll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture. You'll have strong experience of managing stakeholders and a technical team, leading across cultures using Agile concept and methodologies with a proven ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Experience in any cloud platform, such as AWS, Azure or GCP, is desirable but a strong understanding of cloud concepts and advantages is essential. Experience with APIs and API Gateways, coupled with systems is also an advantage.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong development and delivery experience is required in the context of modern applications and systems
- Experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Development experience in a programming language
- A background of implementing programming best-practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance