See job description for details
The Business Join us in Edinburgh as a Lead Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for a Lead Engineer to join us in a great technology stack within the financial services industry
- You'll be responsible for running a team of engineers and setting the technical direction for the physical data structure of the EDH BigData Lake
- Hone your existing engineering skills and advance your career in this exciting, critical role
- This role will be advertised from the 4th June until the 2nd of July
It'll be your responsibility to lead the physical data modelling phase of multiple projects simultaneously and act as their design authority. You'll be responsible for quality of the software engineering team's work, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all services output.
The skills you'll need
- Monitor the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
- Support and mentor the team in the understanding of software languages and technical domains relevant to the areas
- Drive the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Drive a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process
- Liaise with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options,
You'll need strong experience in data warehouse and big data tooling and concepts, specifically on Cloudera distribution of Hadoop eco system tools. You should have a background in software engineering, software design, database design and architecture, and demonstrable experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Demonstrable experience in performance tuning data structures and applications code on Cloudera based data lake in production
- Demonstrable experience in developing Data Lake solutions in a financial organisation
- Demonstrable development experience in one programming language (Java), preferrably on a Bigdata or distributed platform
- Demonstrable experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, including BitBucket, GitHub, or TeamCity
- Demonstrable experience of financial services data modelling standards, such as FSLDM
- Knowledge of key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .