Lead Business Analyst
End Date Salary Range
£45,099 - £50,110 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Business Analyst to join the Business Commercial and Risk Lab, part of the Risk Value Stream. The Business Analyst will fulfill key role within an existing feature team supporting delivery to our stakeholders within an Agile environment.
As a Business Analyst, you'll work in an Agile environment, supporting the Product Owner to understand business problems, critically evaluating business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view. You will have a pivotal role in collaborating across the feature teams where you will work with system architects, system thinkers and Quality Engineers, to help ensure resultant User Stories and Product Increment deliveries meet defined success criteria.
The role will also involve the development and maintenance of the business architecture artefacts and documentation of the associated operating model, and changes to the customer journeys and colleague processes. Here's where you'll make a difference:
- Support the Product Owner to understand business problems, critically evaluating business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view. Identify underlying business needs to be addressed, challenge existing practices and ensure requirements will address the defined business problem
- Supports the Value Stream Architect to ensure requirements and proposed solutions are aligned with strategy and the Target Operating Model
Facilitate managing the product backlog - Work with the Product Owners, Delivery Leads, and the delivery team to ensure consistent understanding of the proposed solution and assist with elaboration and sprint planning activity
Active contribution in defining and updating the operating model and associated model and process documentation
Support the Product Owner to translate the business needs into project objectives, features and requirements. Challenge business stakeholders to drive out the real business outcomes that are required to realise the customer and business propositions, not simply recording requirements What we need from you:
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Dynamic and adaptable - Ability to use and learn new skills and knowledge in varying circumstances
- Great communicator with excellent stakeholder management experience; able to identify key players, at all levels, to deliver the business outcomes and ensure their needs are fully represented. Capable of delivering messages to stakeholders and teams providing clear understanding , both verbally, and in writing
- You will have a proven understanding of analysis techniques, ideally with three years of experience, in their practical application, particularly around analytical thinking and problem solving
- A minimum of 12 months experience of working in a change environment using Agile change methodology including participation in Agile ceremonies and collaboration with all disciplines within a Lab
- Experience in working with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to identify key dependencies, develop User Stories and the appropriate Acceptance Criteria within a Lab environment
- Facilitation of meetings with senior stakeholders, making efficient and effective decisions, ensuring and securing the understanding of all parties
- Experience with Jira & Confluence project platforms