Investment Performance Reporting Associate
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
The Performance Measurement and Attribution (PMA) team forms part of the Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) group. PMA always has the aim of aligning our performance attribution solutions with the evolving needs of our clients!
Quality analytics are a critical component of the feedback loop, and something our clients expect. We focus on being students of technology and drive the design and implementation of the next generation of performance analysis and tools.
We work together with a diverse group of teams to deliver performance measurement, evaluation, and attribution analysis for investment information and governance, globally. Background and Development Value:
Interested in challenging the businesses to reach higher standards, passionate about performance and providing solutions with purpose to help our clients meet their goals?
We are responsible for investment performance analysis globally across all investment strategies whilst also coordinating the firm's GIPS composites and regulatory requirements. We work with multiple business divisions, including iShares, active and beta strategies that include equity, fixed income, and multi-asset products. The team focuses on using technology and project management to improve existing processes to optimize data delivery! Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- Become a source of performance and system knowledge, providing guidance and expertise to business partners in relation to unitized and pooled fund performance.
- Learn and gain a full understanding of internal 'Aladdin' analytical systems and use them to investigate internal and external client inquires.
- Develop knowledge of the BlackRock investment products and teams for which you have responsibility and look to continually gain greater knowledge.
- Build expertise of how performance contributes to fulfilling industry wide regulatory requirements and execute upon those.
- Work closely with our global partners to ensure all production and QC process procedures are adhered to and relevant.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the various performance solutions employed by the team and their analytical outputs.
- Partner on automation and development of existing performance and NAV related functions.
- Be knowledgeable of who is accountable for the quality and content of data and understand the data flows throughout the business.
- Support PMA team members in cross functional learning processes and development.
Skills / Qualifications:
- A performance, attribution or index background with a minimum of 4 years' industry experience.
- Possess a solid understanding of accounting and pricing principles employed by both internal analytical tools and external fund administrators.
- Display a knowledge of performance principles, experience with industry performance systems a plus.
- Display an awareness of investment industry regulations.
- Possess an aptitude to learn the Aladdin solutions and unitized performance process.
- Be passionate about learning new technologies.
- You show a positive, proactive approach and are flexible to a constantly evolving environment.
- Graduated with a bachelor's degree or national equivalent
- Demonstrate a desire for problem-solving, and the ability to synthesise information, summarise issues, and take the initiative
- Open to learning - BlackRock provides a wealth of information and this role is ideal for someone with an appetite for knowledge
- Experience of SQL, Python, VBA or similar languages advantageous
- We pride ourselves on our principles - we want an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who displays strong interpersonal interactions
- We want a sharp control / risk mitigation mind-set
- The individual is comfortable interacting independently on projects and owning internal relationships
- We require an individual who can operate in a team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.