Internal Business Audit Associate
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock’s individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit’s work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Internal Audit team performs regional and global audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment management, sales, trading, client business, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
BlackRock’s Internal Audit group is seeking an Associate to support the execution of the firm’s annual audit plan and advisory activities, while developing in-depth knowledge of BlackRock’s businesses and products.
The Internal Audit Associate will have the following responsibilities:
Supporting a variety of audit project activities, such as:
- Engaging with BlackRock stakeholders to understand and document key processes and risks within a specific business unit
- Preparing process narratives and briefing memos
- Evaluating process design and operations to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes
- Investigating and escalating issues identified during testing
- Validating the remediation of issues
- Performing regulatory and industry-driven audit reviews
Participating in ongoing business monitoring and optimization activities, such as:
- Identifying emerging firm-wide and business risks, and understanding key changes in strategies and operating model through quarterly engagements with business management.
- Completing quarterly risk assessments of business areas
- Contributing to projects aimed at optimizing business processes and control activities
- Providing advisory services during the development of new businesses and systems
- Leading or contributing to global departmental projects
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with BlackRock businesses and support functions, including acting as the primary Internal Audit business engagement liaison for one or more lines of business
- Travel to regional and international locations may be required.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent is required.
- Prior financial services experience is preferable, including understanding of financial instruments and asset management processes and risks
- Interest in broad exposure to investment management, sales, trading, operations, risk management, finance and compliance activities in the asset management industry
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Relevant professional certifications are a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy scepticism
- Ability to synthesize and articulate complex ideas
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong project management, organisational, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Excel
- Commitment and strong work ethic
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.