Internal Audit Quality Assurance Associate
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Internal Audit at BlackRock
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock’s individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit’s work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams “At a Glance”
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms.
SAO (Strategy, Analytics & Operations)
Supporting the entire Audit infrastructure is the Internal Audit Practices Operations and Business Management Team. This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, producing metrics and board reporting, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The SAO team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
The Data Analytics (DA) Team leverages BlackRock data and various data science, business intelligence, and analytics methods to support the activities of the audit department. The DA team participates in both business and technology audit execution, builds and maintains an inventory of self-service tools for the auditors, supports the risk assessment and annual planning process, and helps manage the department’s operations through the development of impactful MIS. The DA team is a driver of innovation for the department and helps auditors gain efficiencies and insights through the work that they do.
The Unique Qualities We Look For
The Internal Audit team at BlackRock is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire highly motivated, hard-working, self-starting and collaborative team members around the globe. We are seeking people who are eager to learn about the various businesses as BlackRock, and we offer a unique career path for qualified individuals.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Associate will be responsible for coordinating and executing independent testing of audit activities performed globally to assess adequacy of the process and adherence to Internal Audit methodology and procedures. The QA Associate will also help drive the ongoing enhancements to the QA program, highlight themes to senior management and assist in developing training content for the department.
The successfully candidate will thrive in environment of rapid change, aspire for excellence, be enthusiastic about sharing ideas for improvements and be a self-starter. Superior verbal and written communications and the ability to foster strong relationships is critical.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate completion of QA testing across point-in-time audits, Audit Issues and Audit Action Verification, Risk Assessments, and targeted topics
- Periodic refresh and development of QA testing programs
- Monthly reporting on activities completed and work in progress
- Quarterly analysis and reporting (e.g., QA themes)
- Contribute to the development of audit methodology enhancements
- Contribute to the development of training and best practices for the Global Internal Audit Team
- Develop ideas on how to further integrate data analytics into QA responsibilities
- Work with the data analytics team to execute the work we do and integrate into methodology
- Deliver training to audit teams as needed
- Participate in processes for onboarding new hires
- Lead /participate in process improvement projects, as needed
- Involvement in other ad hoc departmental initiatives, as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent, is required.
- Significant prior internal audit and/or internal audit quality assurance experience is required.
- Strong understanding of risk and audit methodology
- Ability to provide effective challenge
- Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail and analytical capabilities
- Aptitude for technology and interest in learning data analytic skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIA, CFSA, CISA, CPA) are a plus
- Knowledge of RSA Archer is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.