- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 17
Insurance Capital Modelling Advisory Services - Consultant
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Assist with delivery of quantitative advisory and implementation services projects within the MA insurance capital modelling services team.
- Working directly with clients to support the configuration, implementation training and documentation of our RiskIntegrity suite of insurance capital modelling products and services. Projects are varied and can involve a combination of on- and off- site activities.
- Working with the MA ERS - Insurance sales and research teams to engage with prospects in meetings/workshops related to the advisory projects associated with MA products and content-services.
- Engaging with key stakeholders across our research and product development teams to represent our client 'voice' in the development of our software and content solutions.
- Maintain and develop client relationships
Based in Edinburgh, our ERS - Insurance Capital Modelling Advisory services team works with our global life insurance client base to develop innovative quantitative solutions to complex problems in value, risk and capital management, often (but not always) leveraging Moody's award winning RiskIntegrity product suite.
The team of experienced practitioners are trusted by some of the world's largest and most innovative life insurers to deliver high quality, high value advice and services.
- Undergraduate degree in highly quantitative subject (financial mathematics, mathematics, physics, etc.). Applicants with a post-graduate qualification (e.g. PhD) preferred.
- Relevant experience in a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company or consulting firm) preferred.
- Experience in delivering complex technical/analytical projects within an actuarial environment, including internal and external stakeholder management at all levels.
- Experience of the application of stochastic modelling in the life insurance sector.
- Candidates with experience in using, implementing or reviewing economic scenario generator and liability proxy modelling solutions are preferred.
- An understanding of economic capital modelling and Solvency II Internal Model experience particularly relevant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills , including the ability to communicate with MA and client teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to demanding timescales while maintaining high standards
- Willingness to innovate and challenge ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds and at all levels
- Open to using new methodologies
- Willing to travel to client sites as required
- Strong customer focus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.