We are looking for a PM who can take end-to-end ownership of project delivery across a portfolio of different infrastructure projects, ranging from new implementations and upgrade of existing business critical services to innovative technology trials.
The PM will use their previous of delivering infrastructure projects to plan, manage and deliver projects and be responsible for the management and mitigation of issues and risks within the project. The PM will also be involved in ongoing planning, working with the technical teams on resourcing, prioritisation, and scheduling.
- Time split 50/50 Infra and App Software Development
- Works with different line managers
- Infra - service management area / service desk essential - service now admins - handling calls when someone has an issue with service now (raise changes, request new software groups. Work with service now admins, define backlog, new integrations link into service now, general upgrades.
- Other modules they look at include, asset management: track lifecycle of assets (laptop, desktops etc). They have also been doing analyst and continuous improvement work.
- Really good team, manage backlog of managers, right questions.
- Involved in email project, exchange projects. Mail migration from 2010 - 2016 completed, looking at more of these similar email projects to come.
- Email journaling, enterprise vault, different regulations, contained in a cloud solution, expected 2 months left on this timelines. Use of email, service now exchange, infrastructure projects. Agile in Infra. Scrum.
- App development area - analyse cashflows to and from the company, communicate with developers etc. Using Agile following SDL.
- Help area manager, and various individuals.
- 3rd party - in communication with various 3rd parties such as Veritas, Concilium etc a few hours a week, organise new professional services which could essentially improve current ways of working.
- When working with service management area. The successful candidate will be required to ID new projects to spin up in that area. If it’s a professional service that's involved (3rd party) the successful candidate must draw up a plan, headcount, cost etc - then get sign off from management
- Must be able to communicate benefits to the business. Lots of autonomy in regards to how to approach this part of the job.
Employee Value Proposition:
The successful person will be deployed by our client to an end client. The working environment is very fluid, the end client are big on their cultural values meaning that we are looking for someone that's a good communicator, can navigate through the politics and delivery an infra project from end to end.
Job Title: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Rate/Salary: 350.00 - 370.00 GBP Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.