Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to deliver the engineering of infrastructure technologies
- You'll make sure that the project deliverables can achieve the customers' goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership
- It's a chance to work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be helping to engineer technical infrastructures for departmental applications and services. You'll be working on service or change initiatives, ensuring their availability and maintaining, managing and deploying technology infrastructure on behalf of either the function or investment projects.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Reviewing deployment documentation for all departmental infrastructure components from application and development
- Assisting with a base build for the development environment for the system and handover to the application and development teams
- Building the user acceptance testing environment for the system and managing all updates to the departmental infrastructure during the migration phase of the system
- Helping to create technical test plans and recording results for the infrastructure components, as well as engaging the application and development teams to assist with conducting these tests
- Helping to create technical implementation plans and running books for system deliveries
To succeed in this role, you'll need an understanding of how your particular area of expertise supports our customers, ranging from applications and services supported and developed to decisions taken, and risk based with the objective of producing high availability, low cost systems.
You'll have experience of supporting a virtual environment using VMware products, as well as second and third line support experience. Scripting and automation experience is desirable, as is VxBlock and VxRail experience.
You'll also demonstrate:
- The ability to support HPE ProLiant mount servers and Cisco UCS
- An understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, with a broad knowledge across multiple platforms, such as mainframe, middleware, network or deeper specialism
- A familiarity with the roadmap of your area of expertise
- The ability to work with design authorities to deploy cost effective and resilient solutions
- Experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies, and working closely with third parties, assuring output and managing performance