Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- As a Data Lake Infrastructure Engineer, you'll take on one of the core roles within the Data Lake platform team in RBS
- This role is responsible for the engineering of BigData software for RBS's Data Lake and BigData platform
- You'll be working on service and operations initiatives, to ensure their availability and to maintain, manage and deploy technology infrastructure on behalf of the Data centre of excellence
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be delivering infrastructure change to the Data Lake, to support business outcomes. You'll also be delivering service improvement via CI/CD, DevOps and automation initiatives.
Day-to-day you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Supporting on-call rota and production support as necessary for the platform
- Participating in engineering as a representative of the Operations team
- Making sure that the platform meets its service SLAs
- Making sure that platform software currency is maintained at the latest level at all times
- Delivering change safely at pace to support agile product development
To succeed in this role, you'll need experience with incident management, change management and problem management. You'll have in-depth knowledge of Cloudera and AWS based BigData stack, along with experience in a production support or DevOps role on BigData in a similar setting. Knowledge of banking products, output, or infrastructure would be an advantage.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Knowledge of Agile, DevOps and CI/CD concepts
- Experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, such as BitBucket, GitHub and TeamCity
- Experience in scripting Linux or Unix
- An understanding of security tools
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.