Head of Investment Operations
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 26 Oct 18
Head of Investment Operations | Edinburgh | Permanent | £competitive + Bonus
Change Recruitment Group's Boutique Investment Manager is looking to appoint a Head of Investment Operations to their Edinburgh based office.
The Head of Investment Operations has primary responsibility for leading on all operational and administrative aspects of the day-to-day activities of the Investment Operations department. These require to be carried out with a focus on
embedding a culture of adherence to risk and conduct standards, within a robust operating system framework.
Responsibilities of the Head of Investment Operations:
- Directing and leading a team of five staff, ensuring that all investment operations services will be delivered in accordance with business requirements.
- Overseeing trade life cycle across equities, bonds, foreign exchange and derivatives, daily cash management/oversight, stock/cash reconciliations breaks, corporate actions management, proxy voting, withholding tax reclaims, investment guideline compliance, shareholding disclosures, general support for front office (fund managers/dealers), overseeing collateral management activities, EMIR/MIFIR reporting, hedge share class oversight.
- Ensuring that all investment operations processes are suitable for the business requirements and that the controls over these are robust
- Ensuring timely and effective resolution of all operational issues
- Providing input, from an investment operations perspective, on business changes, regulatory developments and product developments
- Ensuring that external service providers are operating to expected standards (SLAs/KPIs) and that they are doing so against a strong control environment
- Preparing management information and reports on investment operations activities
- Ensuring that investment operations team is appropriately skilled and to identify any training requirements.
- Preparation/maintenance of investment operations business continuity plans
- Preparation/maintenance of the investment operations internal risk map
Background of the Head of Investment Operations:
- Experienced senior individual within investment operations, with ability to work independently to lead and manage a team
- Good knowledge of middle and back office activities
- Good knowledge of regulatory operating environment (in relation to investment operations)
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to interact with senior personnel
- Ability to develop departmental processes and controls and drive operational efficiencies
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader within Investment Operations / Middle Office to join a growing boutique asset manager with a global presence. The role would suit someone with strong technical knowledge and ability to deliver a vision & strategy while facing off to senior stakeholders & clients. As the team is quite small, strong managers who can evidence operational delivery but also seniority & strategic direction would be considered.
Please get in touch with me on 0131 473 4921 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org